Saturday, December 10, 2011

Heisman liveblog

Check back here for my liveblog of the Heisman presentation! I will be hitting post every commercial break- expect my snark and joy, and my friends' snark. After this is over, I'm going to edit it and link to my references.

The show has just started with it's cheesy stuff. I can't help but love it. This kind of stuff gets my heart beating like none other.

19.01- Live band. It's interesting. So is RGIII's tie. All the finalists are classy looking, and everyone is very excited to even be here. Robert Griffin, of course, is articulate and praises Baylor Nation, every bit the Communications masters candidate that he is. Andrew Luck is...here again. I am not impressed. He says "uh" more times than RGIII. Of course, I am biased. Honey Badger is in a shiny suit. The interviewer: "You're an expert on ball security." I resist the urge to make an offcolour joke.

Commercial- "Has the North ever heard of the letter R?"Hit post.

19:09- "This band is so awkward." Apparently, the announcer is a mix of Rick Perry and Mitt Romney. Everyone in the room is talking. I'm the only girl here right now in this apartment. It's only slightly awkward. In BP2 news, it's now so loud that I can't hear the TV. Now we're seeing outtakes from the Nissan commercial. RG3 was caught not paying attention, and Luck looks slightly daft with his mouth hanging open like that. I can't judge, though, because, I'm the same way. Commercials. Discussion of the Indiana upset of #1 Kentucky.

19:20- The food is running low, because there are suddenly about 20 people here. RG3! RG3! We suspect his interview is next. Someone "Oh, yeah, they already announced it." My friend "Really?! Who won?!" Never mind, RG3 wasn't next? Richardson? Really? Most everyone here takes another food break. Honey Badger reference number 801. Apparently, "he don't give a sh--." As always, there's a internet video for that. Plea number 300 for a little decorum- "GUYS, I'M TRYING TO LIVEBLOG." There is much decrying of the ability of the other finalists to speak in public. To this crowd, RG3 could run for president. I...I can't really argue with that. It's kinda boring right now, so I'm hitting post.

19:26- Andrew (not Luck): "Get to RG3 stuff! I don't care about this!" Now, 3 older guys whose names I missed laud the candidates. Apparently, HB looks like Chris Brown? Heisman straw poll of the room: Who do they have 2 and 3?

Results: RG2; RG1; Honey Badger don't care; Andrew Luck, I guess?; Don't Know, Don't Care; pizza; commercials. We are still discussing the Indiana-Kentucky game.

19:34- This might be the lead in to RG3? This is the quietest that the apartment has been since I arrived. RG3 steps up on stage. Very quiet. Briles made a prophecy, apparently. I...I can't snark on this. I can just cheer and scream and get shivers. Even in his losses he averaged a crazy number of yards. Now, we're talking about Andrew Luck and the room no longer cares. You can tell this by the noise level rising. I can snark again. The general consensus is that Stanford plays in a crappy conference and that RG3 is smarter than Luck. And now, it's quiet again-RG3 as a child is adorable and causes "awwws." Still, no one cares about Andrew Luck. "His teeth look weird" according to someone on the floor. He's cerebral and full of himself. RG3 is wearing a crazy tie and loves superheroes. I will admit that I yelled "One of us! One of us!" SOCKS! BEST SOCKS EVER. I HAVE LOST THE ABILITY TO SNARK. Superman with the capes. I am speechless. With the capes! With the CAPES! They are now lauding RG3 and Baylor and his character. I'm so happy. He put the university on his shoulders, really. No one cares about Andrew Luck, still. Long enough update: post.

19:44 They're going up to the stage. Last commercial break. The tension in the room is palpable. There will be tears, most likely, either way, no matter what happens. I'll hit post now, then get the edit post ready for the announcement of a lifetime.

19:48 And we're back with the World's Most Awkward Band ™. There is some hyperventilating. There are 23 former Heisman winners. Griffin! Wait, wrong one. We can't breath, here. It's taking too long.

HURRY UP is the yell.

This. Is. It.

 ROBERT GRIFFIN THE THIRD.

19:52- I hurt my neck jumping around. I might be tearing up. He's a fantastic human being. He thanks us. Baylor Nation. Thank God.

Also, it's because of the socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment