Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Unlikely Fanatic is back!

So I know that it's been a very long time since I actually bothered to post anything on here. Sometimes, college is frustrating like that.

The Year of the Bear. That's what everyone is calling this crazy time here at Baylor University. If you had pulled me aside as a freshman and told me that when I was a junior, I not only would still be in marching band, but Baylor Football would be 10-3, have won the Alamo Bowl and that RG3 would have a Heisman, I would have laughed in your face. If you had told me that the men's baseketball team would have made the Elite Eight and started their season 17-0, I wouldn't have laughed quite as hard but I might have wondered what drugs you were on. The only team I might have believed you about would have been the Lady Bears, and that was just because I knew that Kim Mulkey rocked.

Of course, it didn't help that my freshman year I didn't really care. I only got in to the Lady Bears when they were in the NCAA tourney, and I could have cared less about any other sport (except Texas Rangers baseball, but more on that later).

I would go on about how I became a sports fan, but that's an op/ed column for another time. What I am here to say is that we are at 80 wins in major sports, Baylor Baseball is tearing it up, and this blog is no longer just about Baylor.

I'm an unlikely fan of many things, but I am a totally likely fan of baseball. I've been watching Rangers baseball since I was 4, and listening since before even then. I figured it was time for me to actually stretch my sportswriting legs and talk a bit about some baseball. Expect gameday wrap-ups (except for days where, because of life, I miss the game entirely), player[s] of the game, and the inexpert analysis of someone who's been watching her whole life.

I'll also still be posting about Baylor sports, so don't worry. Come fall, there will still be far too long diatribes on various football games, and I'll be able to bring you my "courtside" view of basketball games all season long.

Sic 'Em, and Let's Go!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment